Show Detail Plumbing Trivia Installment #2
1. The most recognized video game character in the world is a plumber. No, not an AttaBoy plumber. Nintendo’s Mario (of Super Mario Brothers fame) was created by Shigeru Miyamoto, and has appeared in more than 200 games.
2. In Japan, some urinal toilets have voice-activated flush mechanisms. According to Wikipedia, these urinals respond to as many as 30 different languages and several terms, including “fire.”
3. The terms Faucet and Spigot were once used only in the Northern and Southern U.S., respectively. The terms have come to be used interchangeably (although spigot is more commonly used for outdoor connections).
4. At 140 degrees, it takes 5 seconds for water to burn skin. At 160 degrees, it takes only 1/2 of a second. It is recommended that your home water heater should be set to no hotter than 125 degrees.
5. There are more than 10 different types of common end-user plumbing fixtures. Can you name them? They include, at least, toilets, urinals, drinking fountains, sinks, bathtubs, showers, ice makers, humidifiers, plumbed-in coffee pots, water heaters, washers, dishwashers, and fountains. And AttaBoy Plumbing Company can install and service all of them.
I know you’re starting to get into this trivia thing, so I’ll give you the last five facts in my next posting.